Commercial Real Estate
The attorneys below specialize in this
The lawyers of our Commercial Real Estate practice assist clients with all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including negotiating, drafting and reviewing complex, integrated documents for the acquisition, financing, leasing, development, exchange and sale of commercial properties. Our practice involves all commercial real estate uses, including retail, office, multi-family, mixed-use, condominium, industrial, and healthcare. Our clients range in size and scope from the local, entrepreneurial developer to the national, institutional investor.
Our clients benefit from our lawyers’ extensive knowledge of the business and financial issues underlying commercial real estate transactions and their understanding of the commercial real estate market. Our lawyers maintain collegial relationships with other lawyers and businesspeople in the commercial real estate space, which we believe allows our lawyers to work collaboratively with the other side of the transaction to achieve a common goal. Nonetheless, our lawyers remain advocates for our clients’ positions, bringing to bear experience, expertise and creativity to ensure that our clients are well-represented.
Representative matters include:
- Advising retail developers on the acquisition, development, financing and leasing of retail properties nation-wide.
- Advising office developers on the acquisition, development, financing and leasing of office buildings nation-wide.
- Advising multi-family developers on the acquisition, development and financing of multi-family projects nation-wide.
- Advising a national bank on the leasing and sale of REO properties.
- Advising tenants on the leasing of space in retail, office, and mixed-use developments.
- Advising a national drugstore chain on the acquisition of all new drugstore sites in North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Advising a theater developer on the acquisition, leasing and development of new theater locations.
- Advising a developer on the creation of an urban high-rise, multi-use residential/commercial/hotel/restaurant project with multiple condominium regimes.
- Advising a healthcare system on all phases of a $162 million monetization transaction involving the sale and leaseback of 15 medical office buildings comprising nearly 680,000 square feet of space with a publicly-traded healthcare REIT investor.
- Advising a REIT on the sale of numerous hotel properties across the Eastern United States.
- Advising a foreign investor on the assemblage of over 1,300 acres in South Carolina for development as an inter-modal distribution and logistics hub.