Ben Karb’s law practice is dedicated to commercial real estate transactions and advising HOAs and condominium associations in both North and South Carolina.
In his HOA and condominium practice, Mr. Karb regularly advises HOAs and condominium associations across a broad spectrum of issues, including the interpretation of covenants, contractual matters, and collection of assessments. Mr. Karb routinely attends membership meetings and assists communities with the ever-difficult process of amending their governing documents. Mr. Karb has formed numerous HOAs and condominium associations, and regularly drafts and amends Declarations and corporate documents for his clients.
Mr. Karb advises commercial real estate clients in a variety of transactions, including many transactions throughout the Charlotte metropolitan area. Mr. Karb represents clients in all phases of the acquisition of commercial properties, including preparation of purchase agreements, coordination of title searches, the preparation of title opinions, resolution of title matters, and closing commercial loans. Mr. Karb also has significant experience drafting commercial leases, easements, and restrictive covenants.
- L.L.M., Master of Laws in Real Property Development, University of Miami School of Law, 2010
- J.D., West Virginia University College of Law, 2009
- B.A., North Carolina State University, 2005
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Legal Aid of North Carolina
- Volunteer attorney (2012-present)
- North Carolina Community Associations Institute
- Kannapolis Business Alliance
- Vice President and Director (2014-2015)
- South Carolina State Bar Association
- Community Association Law Committee (2014-present)