Keith Nichols is a litigator focused on business, commercial, and real estate matters. His clients include a variety of business entities including financial institutions, developers, commercial brokers and property managers, homeowners’ associations, retailers, municipalities, and schools.
Keith has litigated hundreds of matters and has served as lead counsel in numerous jury trials in district and superior courts. He has also argued before the North Carolina Court of Appeals and the North Carolina Supreme Court.
In 2014, Keith was certified by the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission as a superior court mediator. He has been a LEED Accredited Professional since 2008.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 2000
- B.A., Psychology and Sociology, Vanderbilt University, 1997
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- Fee Dispute Resolution Committee (2011- 2016), Chair (2013-2016), Grievance Committee (2008-2011)
- 26th Judicial District’s Bar Candidate Committee, 2008 to present; co-chair, 2011 to present
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Foundation, Friends Council, 2015 to 2017
- Mecklenburg County Teen Court, Judge
- Vanderbilt Alumni Association
- Alumni interviewer, 2009 to present
- President, 2008-2012