Rusty Reed practices in the areas of tax-exempt/nonprofit organizations, charitable planning for families and individuals, estate and tax planning, succession planning for family and closely-held businesses, and fiduciary administration.
His practice focuses primarily on the representation of charitable organizations such as private foundations, public charities, community foundations and supporting organizations in governance, compliance and related planning matters, as well as individuals and families in practical but comprehensive charitable and wealth planning strategies.
- Charlotte Estate Planning Council
- Business North Carolina – Legal Elite®, Tax/Estate Planning, 2013 – 2014
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 1995
- B.S., Accountancy, University of Mississippi, cum laude, 1991
- North Carolina
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- Estate Planning Section, Past Chair
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section Member and Past Chair of CLE Committee