A founding member of Kirk, Palmer & Thigpen, Buddy Kirk’s commercial real estate practice encompasses all aspects of commercial real estate including investment property sales and acquisitions, advising on retail, office, industrial and land development projects, condominium formations and conversions, distressed real estate acquisitions (including the purchase of promissory notes) and real estate finance.
Buddy is also experienced in leasing matters, 1031 exchanges and advising distressed real estate owners on loan modifications/workouts.
- Search Ministries, National Board of Trustees
- Best Lawyers®, Real Estate, 2008 – 2022
- Business North Carolina – Legal Elite®, Real Estate, 2009 – 2012, 2014-2015, 2020
- Super Lawyers®, Real Estate, 2010 – 2018
- J.D., University of Kentucky College of Law, 1987
- B.S., Mining Engineering, University of Kentucky, 1984
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association